1. Causes of a plantar fasciitis or heel pain:
- Muscle imbalance.
- Bone deformity.
- Tightness of the muscles on the back of leg.
What Can You Do?
- Warm up and stretch properly before exercise.
- Wear appropriate shoe gear.
- RICE: rest, ice, compression and elevation.
2. Foot Orthotic: How do you know if you need an Orthotic:
If you are experiencing foot discomfort that persists, the origin may be biomechanical in nature, in which case an orthotic would be helpful.
Have a podiatrist do an assessment of your feet in order to decrease the chance of potential future problems.